Hey there!


My Aunt Carolyn is the one who first gave me the idea to start a blog. We were having a conversation about hobbies and intrests, so I told her about how much I enjoy traveling and writing. She suggested that I start a travel blog, so here it is!

I decided to start if off with a few scuba diving pictures that I have. I will probably use this blog mainly for recording family vacations and posting pictures of the scuba diving adventures that my dad and I have here in North Carolina.

Since I am very new to blogging, I would love to hear any feedback that y'all might have about my entries and photographs.

Thanks for reading!

-Pam



Sunday, August 8, 2010

August 2, 2010 (Spar)




Hey there!


I just got back from spending a week at Emerald Isle. My family rented a cottage with some friends from Kentucky, so being able to spend time with them was a real treat!


Monday was our first day of diving. Since the water was calm, Captain Leroy allowed us to do three dives, instead of the usual two.


We did our first two dives on the Spar. The Spar is a USCG cutter that was sunk about twenty miles off of the North Carolina coast to creat an artificial reef. It's covered in striped grunts, bait fish, and spade fish. Sometimes a sandtiger shark or two will show up there!

My dad snapped the picture above on what's referred to as the "brige," which is the middle of the top deck of the Spar. The silver and black fish are Atlantic spadefish.




No comments:

Post a Comment